This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Parents, have you ever planned a trip just for you and your child or one of your kids? Or maybe a solo trip with more than one child?
Planning one-on-one trips helped us connect with each of our kids and instill a love of travel and adventure into their lives. It also provides a unique opportunity for them to take ownership in planning and enjoying a vacation just for themselves.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
The benefits of solo travel with children
How to involve your child in the planning of a one-on-one trip
How to use tourism boards to find hidden gems for your destination
The importance of downtime in any family trip
You don’t have to spend a ton of money to have an epic solo trip with your children
Catch These Must-Listen Moments From The Episode
[[03:33]] Setting a travel budget
[[05:15]] How to plan a solo trip with your child in mind
[[06:41]] Tips for researching travel destinations
Resources to Check Out
- Find Discount Theme Park Tickets with Undercover Tourist
- Hotel Deals with Hotels.com
- Babe Ruth Birthplace & Museum
- Mystic Seaport Museum
- Things To Do In Chicago With Teens
- Are Travel Discount Sites Worth It?
- How To Create A Travel Budget
- 11 Must-Have Gifts For Travel Lovers
- How Sinking Funds Can Help You Reach Your Savings Goals
- How I Survived New York City With Two Teenagers
- How To Use Travel Rewards To Save Money On A Universal Studios Orlando Vacation
Connect With Us
If you enjoyed this episode, show your support by leaving us a rating and review on your favorite podcast player.
Kevin Payne is the budgeting and family travel enthusiast behind FamilyMoneyAdventure.com. He’s also the host of the Family Money Adventure Show podcast, where he helps families learn to manage their money better so they can afford to do the things they love.
Kevin is a freelance writer specializing in personal finance and travel. He is a regular contributor to USA Today, Forbes Advisor, Bankrate, Fox Business, Credible, and CreditCards.com.